Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 7 - The First Day

Today is the first full day that Katelin spent with us. We did our usual, eat breakfast in the hotel and mingle with the other adopting families. Many are leaving in the next day or so. Everyone goes to Guangzhou to the US Consulate after leaving their adoption province. Thats where will be headed in a few days. Today we went sightseeing to a park (Tianxin Pavilion) that was an old fort. There were a couple of pagodas that we saw but unfortuanely it was rainy. It was good to get out and then we returned to our hotel for food and games (pool, play room, NAP,...). I think that we are going to have to try eating somewhere else because I hate paying beaucoup bucks to watch the kids eat ice cream and potatos for dinner. In fact, the choices for a non-experimental dinner are kind of limited. I've eating something that looks like chicken nuggets (except that its shrimp), some kind of noodles, fried rice, and potatos. I have to pass on the snake, eel, turtle, birds nest, and some other interesting options. The buffet is supposed to be "Western" but I'd say its 60% Chinese and 40% Western. Anyways the first night went well, Katelin slept all the way through and the first day went pretty well. Its a little warmer than Connecticut, I'd say that it about 80-85 and very muggy. No problem getting a good sweat going.

Finally I'm able to upload images...




...Hello family



Taking my new family sightseeing....






Kevin with new sister in Civil Affairs Office after meeting for the first time. Everything went very well :)






















1 comment:

Jenny said...

OMG! Pictures! I LOVE pictures! She is so cute - can't wait to meet her and hear all about your trip. BIG hugs from me and Remley.